1937 80C McLaughlin vs. American technical dimensions

chstickl

Hi there,

on my 1937 80C Mc Laughlin Roadmaster I need to replace (in fact find) new motor mounts including the timing plate at the front of the engine and I need a new radiator. As it is quite hopeless to look for McLaughlin parts in Canada, I´ll have to use US parts.

Fortunately Bob seems to have the motor mounts by now, but does anybody know if the dimensions and versions are exactly the same between US cars and McLaughlin of that year? Especially the timing plate (where the front motor mounts are attached) and the radiator?

Thanks for advice,

Christian

I have no experinece with late 30 models, but comming from fact that McLaughlin (GM of Canada) IMPORTED engines from US (Flint) they should be 100% identical in motor mounts. Parts for my 1928 Master Six are interchangeable with exceptions limited to decals etc.

I have a 1923 45 McLaughin Buick, and all engine, suspension and body are all Buick/GM. The special things are the wood dash and trim pieces, which are plated versus painted. Otherwise they are the same. So it would be a safe bet that your parts are interchangeable. I vote with Peocak.