Parts Scam, London...

Guest RWid

Warning: I'm getting many Scam parts offers out of London UK in response to my want ad for "Dodge door '25-'27". I learned the hard way:mad:. Ask for pictures, and some detail of the part that only a legitimate person who actually has the part would be able to answer.

Sorry nothing personal ( I am sure you have special circumstances ) but it amazes me that anyone would allow themselves to be duped by these people, I bet his name was Mike, is this his e-mail address "Mike Ideghe" <mike.spares777@gmail.com> I also have been talking back and forth with this guy, he has my Dodge parts and ony 220.00 US dollars, I played a while, just ask for pictures and when he tells you his camera wont upload ask him for a detailed desc. then tell him he should be ashamed of himself.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Yes, that's one of the names used, also Troy Pablo and Robert Lyndon. They seem to be working out of a Pub near London University. I lost about $500 due to over-eager/first-time stupidity. But, unlikely to make that mistake again!

• 1 year later...
Guest martinique

Hi, this 'mike' guy is still trying, I had him trying to sell 'just the part I'm looking for' two days ago. Add the name Ir. Mccabe to the list of suspects. Always ask for pictures, If they have 'technical problems' BEWARE.

Martin.

A few months ago I had an e-mail from London wanting to sell me the tail lights I need. I ask for pictures and was told they would not upload but the next day, I got pictures from the guy showing the wrong parts. I told him they were not the lights I needed and his reply was that the pictures were not of the lights he had but he was sure his lights were for my car. What a scam, I just ignored the e-mails after that. I much prefer to buy as close to home as I can.