25 roadster engine color

Guest ken saffles

Guest ken saffles

I just acquired my first dodge brothers it is a 25 roadster as I am also a model t ford guy.The 25 roadster was love at first site.My question is what is the proper engine color for my roadster it has the fast four motor. Thanks,Ken

Ken, the engine should be a light greenish grey. The fast 4 did not come out til late 1927 and is best identified by the distributor through the head like a Model A Ford and has a 4 point engine mount and a seperate starter and gen and 6 volt system whereas a 25 would have the single unit starter/generator and 12 volt and the dist driven off the same shaft as the water pump.

Guest ken saffles

I have made a mistake on the model of my roadster.I was told it was a 25 but it has a 114 inch wheelbase,multiple disc clutch and the wider tires which seems to say 1923 model.So if this is correct would I still have the same engine as the 25.

Very much the same, yes. Sounds like you need to locate your serial number which on the earlier models would be on the frame crossmember just in front of the front seat frame on the passenger side about at the passengers "heels" and on some 1923 and later cars it is on the passenger side frame rail just above the rear shackle of the front spring. My 23 Roadster has it in both places. If you can provide that number I or many others here can tell you the date of manufacture. The engine number is on the drivers side just above the carb and will be approx. 50,000 higher than the frame number.