!955 oldsmoblie Automobilia

Guest deadraccon

The other day I was going through some old papers that I had stored from an estate I cleaned up. One item was a sealed stamp envelope from 1954, addressed to deceased but with no return address. I opened it and found what I believe is a promotional advertisement for the 1955 Oldsmobile. I don't know if Oldsmobile or the dealer put this out, but it was in invitation to a preview of the 1955 Oldsmobiles at C.H.Haines & Son in Mt. Holly, NJ. It also had 5 pictures of the 1955 Olds models in it. The envelope size is 4"X4", Pictures are 2"X3-1/2" with model info on back. The invitation is prefolded with slot for closing. Any information as to what this is and if it was a dealer or Oldsmobile promotion and was it a common sales pitch at the time.

Guest deadraccon

Thanks Paul, I will look on ebay again, but this time I will try New car announcement invitation. Thanks for the information. Ron

Guest deadraccon

Wow! Paul you are good! The eBay item 370122595654 is exactly what I have. I thought there were 5 pictures but after double checking them there are 6. I spent a few sleepless nights thinking that they may be valuable because they were in an envelope dated 1954. I can get some sleep now that I know what I have and its value. Thanks again Ron