46 v12 lincoln engine picture

Guest michael valencia

Guest michael valencia

I need your help locating a color picture of a v12 engine. redoing mine and wish to have the correct parts painted the correct color. I know lincoln green is the color and have the paint.

Thank you,

Michael

46 Club Coupe

Michael,

Having a 1940 zephyr and loving it. It came to me in pieces. Not know anything about Zephyrs, I went to this forum. I joined the club and started with the latest posts and working my way back into the oldest posts. I'm only half way through and it's been three weeks now. I was able to find 15 or so pictures of just the motors. Some were newly built to one old rusty one hanging on a chain. I now have over 100 pictures of LZ's and various parts. From windshield wipers and dashboards to interiors to several of the trunks. I have even downloaded pictures of rotisseries that I can build myself. Which I'm in the process of doing now. I'll send you two of the pictures I down loaded.

Skip

post-65857-143138171689_thumb.jpg

post-65857-143138171693_thumb.jpg

Peecher, you mention that the 42 to 48 motors were all painted the same.

"Your '46 engine is painted the same as the '42 to '48 engines; antique Ford green with black pan, starter, generator, oil filter and oil filler tube"

My question to you would be, what colors were the earlier pre-war engines painted?

Thanks,

Skip

Guest DADDIO65

looks damn good peecher!!! You by any chance wouldn't happento have a 39' generator lying around you'd like to part with would you? Sell or trade?