Coil Spring Insulators available

Had quite some trouble locating these rubber rings for my '59 until I finally found a universal insulator that is the correct thickness and O.D. (I have to trim the ID). If anyone is rebuilding their front end and wants to eliminate spring squeaks, drop me a line & I'll sell you a pair for $8 (shipping included). The only other place that had any wanted $12/pair. I absolutely guarantee the quality of my trimming job and that they will fit (a '59 at least- test-fitted on my frame). I'm sure these insulators fit numerous other years full-size Buicks. <P>ventiport@earthlink.net

Yes, the insulators I have are universal ones, they are the exact same thickness (3/16th") & outside diameter (5 1/8th"), but on my '59 frame there are 3 'tangs' that center the top of the spring, and the insulator inside diameter needs to be large enough to fit over these tangs. That's were they need to be trimmed (for frames like mine). <P>If your frame doesn't have any 'spring locator tangs' (for lack of a more accurate term)- these would work fine. Measure the outside diameter of your coils. I am working on getting a digital picture of these soon. Feel free to contact me direct if still interested.

Please send your address and phone number to my e-mail address at "RES2897@AOL.COM". I would like to see about getting a set of thes to try out. Thanks.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WF59B:<BR><B>Yes, the insulators I have are universal ones, they are the exact same thickness (3/16th") & outside diameter (5 1/8th"), but on my '59 frame there are 3 'tangs' that center the top of the spring, and the insulator inside diameter needs to be large enough to fit over these tangs. That's were they need to be trimmed (for frames like mine). <P>If your frame doesn't have any 'spring locator tangs' (for lack of a more accurate term)- these would work fine. Measure the outside diameter of your coils. I am working on getting a digital picture of these soon. Feel free to contact me direct if still interested.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>