55 Buick mirror needed

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

My grandfather has a 1955 Buick Special 4-door haradtop. He needs a passenger side mirror that mounts on the passenger fender. Any help appreciated.

Guest Skyking

Original 55 mirrors mounted on the doors near the vent windows, not on the fenders. The type of mirror that it was wouldn't be able to be mounted on the fenders......

Guest Shaffer

I don't know. He just bought the car last July and it was totally restored. The mirrors are round and are mounted on the fenders and there are no holes in the doors. I have pictures of the car I can send to someone to help me identify these mirrors. Thanks

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Shaffer:<P>The mirrors were NOT originally mounted on the fenders. Yes I agree, they work better there on the fenders, but were not that way from the factory.<P>Be careful that if you are trying to match the one you have, I suspect that it may be an aftermarket item. If you get an orignial one, it may not match.<P>PS When the passenger one is mounted in the proper place, it is almost useless, unless you put one of thoses convex mirror spots on it.<P>Scott Mich<BR>1955-76C

Thanks for the footnote Scott, My 55 has/had the RH mirror, all I got left is a couple of screws in the door!!!!<BR> I am looking for a LH one as mine is what I believe to not be original.<BR> How much and where are you???

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Don,<P>I do not have an extra mirror. I was just commenting on it's placement. You know me and where I am.<P>Scott