Award information

Guest car collector

Guest car collector

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum (but not AACA) and do not know where to look for the information I am seeking.

Is there someplace on the AACA's website where one can go to view the First Place Senior cars for a particular year? Also, isn't there an award given out once a year to a particular car due to it's outstanding condition or restoration? Where would I go to view the car that received that award for a particular year?

There is a car being advertised in the upcoming RM Auction that states it has received both its Junior and Senior First Place AACA awards as well as another National Award. I would like to see what year this car won these awards and anything else it received from AACA.

Thanks in advance for any information you may provide!

Greg

'66 Cadillac Eldorado

First Place Senior in '06

Welcome to the forums.

Can you obtain the number from the award tabs? Those can then be traced to make sure that they match the vehicle being sold. There was a thread earlier about a car that was being sold as an AACA Senior winner and when the number from the award tab was looked at it did not match the car in question. The owner was alerted and withdrew the car from the sale.

Guest car collector

Thanks, Susan, for your reply to my question. I thought about contacting RM Auctions to see if they would be willing to provide the award number. Before I did that (not knowing if they would provide the number), I thought I would check to see if there was a way to look it up on the AACA website.

By the way, I love the quotes you have listed at the bottom of your post-especially the last one. I am a HUGE fan of Designing Women and I reside in the Deep South-Mobile, ALso I'm well aware of that saying. It's SO true too!

Greg

Edited by car collector (see edit history)

Greg, Glad you like the quote. It just struck me so funny and when "Julia" says it it is even funnier than reading it.

Are there photos of the car to where you could read the number on an award tab? That is how the other car was found to not be the one that had earned it. If you can get the number and bring it here, or contact the AACA headquarters with it, you can find out very quickly.