71-76 Buick Estate wanted

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I am looking for a restorable 71-76 Buick Estate in restorable condition. Must be 9-passenger with woodgrain. Will also consider 71-76 Caprice Estate / 71-76 Pontiac Grand Safari. Prefer under $1,500. Must have no major rust and solid floors and frame. E-mail Shaffer1223@aol.com with any info. Thanks.<p>[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Guest Shaffer

Also, I am looking for a 1971-1973 Buick Electra or Pontiac Grand Ville 4-door hardtops in at least average running condition to restore. Under $1,200. Thanks

There is a 1974 Buick Estate wagon advertised in Seattle for $1,000, it says it's original, clean, and runs, taking best offer, (206) 324-9724. Give them a call and see what they say......Good luck!

Guest Shaffer

Thanks I appreciate that. Just wish it was a little closer to Tennessee, but sould like exactly what I am looking for.

These are very hard to find!! I found a 73 in Delaware (green, wood grain, 455, no third seat, $300 base car: No tilt, pw,pdl,etc...but it had the power tailgate!).<P>The engine wasn't running, had 150Kmiles. My goal was to do a simple restoration (nothing extreme) and a engine rebuild. I started pulling off the trim, and found RUST. Lots of Rust! Too Much. So, I took the engine, some ss trim, and junked the car. <P>Paul

I've always liked the big clamshell Estate wagons and will have one someday, when space and funds permit...it seems to me that rust is a common problem, but especially so for 1973 GM models....I've had '72's, '73's, lots of '76's, and the '73's always had more rust. Station wagons are the granddaddy of all those SUV's out there, and are still cheap, though good ones are few and far between...I'm surprised they haven't become more valuable than they are......

Well, I don't mean to keep posting here, but just ran across a '72 Estate wagon for sale in Las Vegas, for $50.00 and you haul it away, seller has title and keys, the phone number is (702) 641-9016....maybe at this price you could afford the commute from Tennessee!!

Yes, I just caught the ad on the internet, from a small weekly paper we have locally (in Spokane) which is part of a larger group of local papers in the west...on their virtual site...the ad just showed up today. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Guest Shaffer

Could you give me the web-address for that local paper where you saw the ad. Our local trader is online too. It is <A HREF="http://www.tpost.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tpost.com</A> <BR>Try it and see if you can get there from your area. I am also looking for any other web addresses for "classified" trader papers. Maybe I can find a wagon in one of those. Thanks

Guest Shaffer

I have tried calling several times and left message. Just keep getting answering machine. I guess it is gone. Just my luck, Search continues

Guest Shaffer

I would also be interested in a 1971-1976 Chevrolet Kingswood/Caprice Estate or Pontiac Grand Safari/Safari wagon. Will pay cahas or trade a 1971 Caprice 4-door hardtop for one of equal value.

Guest Shaffer

The Caprice is good. It is a 4-door hardtop (no post), 400 V-8, runs great, solid body. I will trade it for a 1971-1973 Buick Estate 9-passenger or 71-76 Chevrolet Estate wagon or 1971-1973 Pontiac Grand Safari. E-mail Shaffer1223@aol.com

Guest Shaffer

Caprice is still available. Prefer to trade for Buick Estate 70-74, 71-74 Pontiac Grandd Safari, or 71-76 Caprice Estate, but will sell outright for $2,300. Thanks