Want to buy 1931 DB DH6 drag link

keiser31

<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="" size="1"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->I really need a good 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 passenger car drag link. I believe that the sedan and coupe part are the same. Mine has been worn out and someone did a really funky job of "repairing" it. It's a no go on a repair for the one I have. Got no money, but I have other 1931 Dodge parts to trade. Or we can work out a deal somehow?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The drag link is about 24 3/4" long (kind of a zig-zag part, but with a straight tape measure). The one in the photo is a good one on my driver. I can't seem to find the other one under all of the cra...treasures out there in my shop.

post-37352-143138146857_thumb.jpg

We looked good until I measured it and mine is nearly 29 long end to end. Zig zag though like you say. Anyway ever had any luck with boring and sleeving these things, turning down new pistons ect to give them new life. That is what I am assuming I will have to do, dosent seem to matter how many miles these things have on them they just seem to wear. Poor design and soft steel I guess.

Your prob, correct but you might want to remeasure, the more I look the more your car looks identical to mine underneath.

post-48869-143138147444_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

As an architectural draftsman, I am fairly certain that I measured correctly. The ends of mine are so terribly wallowed out and welded-on that they are a total disaster. Still would like a 1931 part as there are not many models that interchange. The part about going to the websites that make these up? Well, as I stated, I am looking to trade since I am running on empty as far as wallet paper goes. Sure...I could also scab some new ends on the old one...if I could afford to pay a welder to weld it, the welding rod, the gas to get there...! Now, can you see how broke I am? I do appreciate the ideas, however.