1966 Wildcat four door sedan $499

Guest BJM

OK BJM: This car has several pros and cons.

pros.......

It's a Big old Buick which we all love

It ain't that bad

Cons.............

It doesn't run. If it ran good the chances would be good to excellent that the car would be purchased and the motor and tranny would be harvested for something else anyway. That is too bad.

It's a 4-door post that only crazy cheep skates like me would want.

To get it to run is the ultimate crap shoot. if that 401 is frozen it's a cheep core if best. To rebuild it would be minimum of 3K for a decent job and that might be low....sew.....another case of a good old Buick that doesn't have the right ingredients to be worth more than a hundred or two.

Mitch

Mitch,

Oh there are plenty of cons for sure. (And it finally got a bid)

I do believe though that that 401 would not be frozen but probably needed a tuneup years ago and they just parked it.

Also a big minus is the location - casper Wyoming. It would cost me too much to bring it back to Iowa,

But for me, if it were, say, in Minneosta or Missouri I might go for it.

There is a lot of old car ness to this vehicle. A person could use it for BCA functions for a time while a more high value Buick was tore down being restored. That interior is pristine in the photos they are showing and if "grandma" did use clear plastic seat covers, they should be fine. Nice dash. Boring body style.

How about throwing some Buick road wheels on it though and that would jazz it up considerably.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Ultimately, any car in that condition is worth $500 no problem. The one decent shot with a hubcap center showed it to be in nice condition. There were a couple NOS centers available in Colorado that would have been $75 each. The parts on the car would easily be worth the current price. Granted, the engine will need work, but it will cost $3k to rebuild a running but tired or damaged engine too.

That being said, in the right hands, this could be a nice car for not too much money. A #2 car would approach a $10k value according to OCPG, so this would be a good candidate for someone who doesn't need to spend a lot to get it home.

I'd like it myself, but I already have a number of projects and not enough space, not to mention it's a long way off.

It would be nice to see it going to a good home, but failing that, it would be nice to see it going some place like Wheatbelt or to someone who will make the good parts available to the Buick collector community.

hey it's getting some bids!

This is one way the BCA hobby grows. The winner probably won't join the BCA but how many posts have we seen on here from newbies that bought this old Buick and are looking for a little advice.