1990 TC For Sale Chicago Area

Guest slyrose

Guest slyrose

1990 TC for sale in Chicago NW suburbs. Car has approximately 75-80k miles (the ODO stopped about 3 years ago at 50k and I put on less than 12k a year). I replaced the transmission 4 years ago and it is working great. That is the only mechanical thing that I had to do with it, besides normal maintenance. Car is a 3.0 Autotrans with the little puff of blueish smoke when started. I run synthetic oil in it. White car with white hard top / black soft top.

Soft top had a new headliner installed last spring. Car has the original hardtop. Heated mirrors and rear-window defogger work perfectly in the hardtop. Tires have 25k on them, not new but not worn out. I have the original cassette stereo (have the original optional Chrysler CD add-on which is missing the mounting bracket), but I installed a later model Chrysler single CD in-dash player. I have treated all of the interior leather once with the materials recommended by the TC Club. Leather is not perfect, (the usual small hole in the top left side of driver seat). Passenger seat has been sat in less than 20 times in 4 years. Armrest is perfect and original! Usual shrinkage on the instrument cluster cover near the windshield. No issues with accumulator or brakes, but they are due for a drain & refill. Seat switches in console are perfect. The common LeBaron cup holder swap has been done, but the original cubbie hole is included. Comes with a vintage 1990 hardwired car phone! Comes with an extra black pentastar-trident airbag and a black leather rear center filler panel and speaker cover. I even have a spare soft top which was original to the car and not quite as good as the current top.

Headlights are perfect and so are cornering lamps. Taillights are perfect. TC Club light protectors are on the headlights & cornering lamps and are still clear. A/C was recharged 4 years ago and blows cold (R12). Original wheels. All my vintage TC ads and TC Club newsletters will be thrown in for free. I do not have the TC video.

Car has received a car show award (AACA Event). Not a big winner, but a place award. Was displayed at the Walter P Chrysler National event in Lincolnshire, IL. The car does have rust in the rockers in the usual place. This is very common, and the only cosmetic thing the exterior paint needs.

No tool kit or umbrella, but comes with the burgundy tech / repair manual. I have replaced the factory horn with a louder unit, but I saved the original horn (needs compressor).

This car is not perfect, but has been looked after very well by a car guy since I purchased it 4 years ago. I believe the car spent the early years as a winter only car in Florida.

Anyone on this board want this car for $3000, it's yours. I am keeping the higher price everywhere else. I'd like to see someone take care of it!

Pics: http://www.slyrose.com/tcpix.htm

Edited by slyrose
pic link (see edit history)

Guest slyrose

I had a question about the small puff of smoke at engine start. It IS blueish. Not white. Somebody said that they were worried it was coolant burning. There has never been any coolant/water in the oil. I chalk it up to the guides since this is the Mitsu 3.0. This car does not need head gaskets.

Sorry about the confusion! Thanks for the mails!

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,I hope you buy this car and work your majic on it as you seem to be the master of tc recreations.Im still waiting to hear if you have done any suspension mods on your collection and if so what and any improvements over factory spec parts.