Seats Electric adjustment buttons

Guest LIT MUSE

Guest LIT MUSE

Two of the buttons were broken. This happens when I had a flat tier and needed to remove the spare from the rear case.. I never liked the location of the spare...

Does anyone know if they can be glued or replaced ?

Thx

Guest My TC Toy

Define broken, and which switches (location) exactly.

If they are physically cracked, the only suggestion would to be replace them.

If the have come out of place, but still work, now the funstarts.

You must understand, You are there, We are not & We cannot see, or feel your problem. You must describe it as in a text book. You gave the impression that you broke it getting out the spare tire. There are no switches near the spare, can't imagine which switch. Then you wrote middle switch.

Are you referring to the switches in the console.?? If so; Did you break off the paddle handle from the switch.? Is the switch together, and just sort of pushed into the console.?? Please help us to help you. Lou

Guest LIT MUSE

The switches are on the console. They are moving the seats forward and aft. It happened when I had to take the spare and move it above the seats and before taking the spare out of the car. The spare was momentary laid of the console and that's when the switches broke.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The switches still function but I guess what you refer to the "paddle" handle broke. It's the narrow neck of the switch. They were not pushed in. My best bet is to use good strong glue for plastics and if not just replace them. Tnks guys!

I don't think it is a problem..

If you drill a hole in the bottom of the switch handle, and another in the base, (I try to make them at least 1/4" deep) Install a piece of wire for reinforcement. and epoxy that should do it. The hole in the bottom part will probably be very limited for depth; but the upper part will have plenty of depth. I would probably use the .021 stainless steel Aircraft safety wire I have here on the shelf

Try to line up the holes as best as you can. Do not worry if you don't get a good alignment of the holes. Oversize holes with hardened epoxy in them will be just as tight as a micrometer fit. Good Luck, Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Try Lou's suggestion, it should work. If you are not satisfied with the job your only alternative will be to replace the switches. This will involve removal of the seats and console. Fun! Fun! Fun! Be thankful you did not break off the nipples holding the switches in place.

Good luck.

Edited by My TC Toy (see edit history)