National Packard Museum July 2009 Show

Guest Buick1938Coupe

Guest Buick1938Coupe

Has anyone attended this event? How was the 1937 Packard showroom event? I heard this would be a fantastic show. Any photo's anyone?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest 37SportPhaeton

I was at the National Packard Museum anniversary show in July this year. Great show. I will upload photos one at a time as my time permits. Enjoy

Y23XK2oUKKH8bTWTt_wF4w?feat=directlink

Edited by 37SportPhaeton
image did not upload (see edit history)

It wasn't a 'Great Show'...It was a PHENOMENAL Show....Once in a life time opportunity to see in one place almost all the 49 models offered by Packard in 1937...PLUS 6 RARE customs....PLUS 6 Warren Packards (1900-1904).

Edited by 37PackardMan (see edit history)

Guest John_Lawrence

There are photos from the event on the packardinfo.com site. I understand there was a '37 Twelve Phaeton there. I thought it was yours.

Personal note: the 2106 is getting its radiator re-cored. I'll tell you more about it later.

Guest 37SportPhaeton

Hello John, yes that was our Sport Phaeton. We were pleased and honored to have our car in such good company. I will post more on this later as I have time.

post-55831-143138117727_thumb.jpg

post-55831-143138117773_thumb.jpg

post-55831-143138117778_thumb.jpg

post-55831-143138117782_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37SportPhaeton
Add photographs (see edit history)

Guest 37SportPhaeton

You would think this is my first day with the new laptop! Here are two photos; one looking rearward and one facing the front. This was as they were just setting up. Not all the cars were in Warren OH yet.

Thank you for the kind words John. Here is a photo of just how large that tent (temporary structure) was. The photo was taken about halfway facing to the rear.

It is unbelievable how much work the Museum and all the volunteers did. This was an event that will never happen again. That is why we wanted to attend with the Sport Phaeton.

post-55831-143138118299_thumb.jpg

post-55831-143138118304_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37SportPhaeton
Just like to edit, no... just forgot stuff (see edit history)

Guest 37SportPhaeton

Hello David, Don’t forget the interior made from Papier-mâché, the cardboard convertible top and of course the Styrofoam tires and wheels. I appreciate the great compliment in spite of your bizarre humor (how else would I know it was you).<o></o>

<o></o>

We are sorry we will not be able to attend the Truth or Consequences New Mexico tour. You should have not tempted us like that. We may have a large group at Thanksgiving and Michele is involved with a statewide training / conference for the Public Defender office. November looks very busy. That Spa / resort sounds wonderful.

<o></o>

Say a big hello to David Jr. and Ana for us!<o></o>

<o></o>