More TC Chrysler Parts

Guest docinvestments

Guest docinvestments

:)Black soft top with maserati stamped clear glass window(excellent condition).

Rear small windows(passenger and driver).

Driver's air bag(never deployed)(very hard part to find).

Sunvisors with electrical attachments. Original floor mats.

See my other ad for additional parts.

Doc at 214.914.5078 docinvestments@yahoo.com

Edited by docinvestments
added parts (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, 89 was the transition year between the earlier 2.2 engine block and the shared 2.2/2.5 'Common' block. Depending on the build date of your TC, you could have either one. The oil pans are different between the two. It would be critical to know which style you have before purchasing any engine parts or gaskets. The oil pan is exactly the type of part I would source from an auto diamantler. I prefer the self service yards but whatever works for you;) The gasket will be available from any auto parts store...

Alan

Guest yellow89tc

The earlier 2.2 block can be easily identified. There is a small block-off plate with two bolts just below and to the right of the oil filter. This opening in the block was used for the mechanical fuel pump on carbureted 2.2's - the later common-block 2.2/2.5's didn't have this.

You can also take a peek at the timing belt; the early 2.2's used a belt with square teeth and the later 2.2/2.5 common-block engines used a round-tooth belt.

There are other differences but these are two of the easiest identifiers.

Hope this helps.

Guest My TC Toy

Hey, Doc, we quite often get off topic. The whole purpose of this is to help each other out with problems and pass on our experiences and advice the best we can.