Front brake ..upgrade..again

Guest Stormin

Guest Stormin

I have read and followed the different front brake upgrades and I have a question for the ones who have done the Camaro twin piston caliper and 12 inch rotor upgrade (98-newer). Am I to understand that the Camaro caliper will bolt onto the Reatta mounting bracket (if the Reatta has a bracket)? I ask this because the Camaro upgrade, on the 93-97 Camaro, has NO bracket and is performed by switching the entire upright (spindle). I'm in the process of gathering my parts for the front and rear upgrade and could use some clarification on this. Thanks again....you guys have been great keeping me on top of my Reatta p[roblems. Norm

Guest Stormin

Thanks Daniel. Sorry for the confusion. I disassembled a 93 Camaro front brake setup and found no bracket. Went on the Camaro forums and found they swap the entire spindle assembly when they upgrade. I just ASSumed that the 12 inch setup required no bracket. After I read your response I went out and looked (crawled) underneath my 95 Camaro (with upgrade) and finally saw the bracket. Obviously what I should have done before this thread, duhh. My original plan was to swap the upgrade off the 95 (I didn't do the upgrade) back to original discs, which I had available also. Now seeing that I have to do a spindle swap, I may just leave them and get another set. Thanks again, Norm.