distribution gears 1931 Model 50

I have a 1931 Model 50 straight eight(220 cid). Who can help me to a new set of gears for the distribution (crankshaft, camshaft and generator)? If you know a company that has these parts your information is more than welcome too. Please mail to javeen@talkline.nl or fax 0031793620270

Alex, try Bobs Automobilia for the distributor and cam shaft gear. He advertises in the Buick Bugle. If he does not have them, try Egge Machine: 800 866-3443. I have not experienced a generator drive gear that runs off the cam gear going bad but they do wear and origionally you could buy oversize cam gears to compensate for the wear on the crank and generator<BR>gears. If you have a problem with the worm gear that drives the distributor gear, another generator would probably be the only answer. <P>If you have occasion to remove the generator from the car, remove the cover on top of the cam gear and watch as you pull the generator away from the cam gear. Make sure that you rotate the generator gear out of the teeth of the cam gear. If you pull the generator out without rotating the gear, you will chip the cam gear teeth. I learned the hard way. I also never had a problem with the crank shaft gear.<P>