1949 Wayfarer side curtain escutcheon

I have a 1949 Wayfarer with side curtains. There are three holes in the top of the door that the side curtain posts fit in and I am looking for what I think is an escutcheon for the center hole. Since there is nothing but the hole for the post with two smaller holes for screws to each side, I am not even certain what the part looks like. I am guessing it is an escutcheon plate, or it could be some kind of cushion.

If any one knows what goes there I would really appreciate a picture and an accurate description so I can try to find one or make one if all else fails.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest memco

Joe,

Did you find the excussion you are looking for.

If not I have a 1949 Dodge like yours and have only 2 of them, I need 4 more, do you have someone who can copy them for us.

Melvin Myers

post-40060-143138096302_thumb.jpg

post-40060-143138096305_thumb.jpg

Melvin:

I haven't found any more information on the escutcheons. I'm not even sure what they look like since I don't have either of the two middle ones (one on each door). I do have a way of making them if they are metal, but I need a picture and dimensions in order to do that.

Joe

Are you guys members of the "Plymouth 4 & 6 Cylinder Club" or the "W.P.C.Club"? Those guys have a few restored cars like yours and loads of psrts. Either place can be gotten to online.