LED bulbs?

toomuchvinyl

I just wanted to check in and see if any more of our Forum Members have installed LED bulbs for dash or accessory lighting in early Rivs. Previous posts were sort of inconclusive as to how it worked out appearance-wise, getting close to correct colors, etc. I really need to replace burnt-out bulbs in my dash and would be interested to hear about any recent experiences with LED replacements.<O:p</O:p<O:p></O:p>

Thanks!<O:p></O:p>

Guest musclecarfan65

hmm ... there should be a similar thread already in the forum because i asked the same question in the past. i got plenty of answers & most of them should be very helpful.

Hey Keith,

I recently ordered a CD with back issues of "The Riview" (I highly recommend this to anyone who has recently joined, as its packed with useful tips). I was going through it the other day and came across a suggestion to replace the dash light bulbs with higher intensity bulbs of the same type to solve the problem of dim dash lights.

Ed Wong suggests in the article that the #161 speedometer and gas gauge/idiot light cluster bulbs (six total) can be replaced with bulb #194, which, at 2 candlepower, double the brightness.

Heater/AC #1893 bulbs can be replaced with four #1816.

The clock should have #1816, a three candle power bulb.

Ed also suggests changing the panel light fuse from a 3 amp - 1 1/4 long to 5 amp 1 1/4 long.

I think I'll try this before moving to LED's.

Joe