1963 Riviera

Guest Dan Cook

Guest Dan Cook

Met up with a friend today that I haven't seen for several years and started talking about my Electra. It turned out he has his mother's '63 Riviera that has been garaged since 1984 and plans to sell it.

The car is one owner and most likely high miles although he didn't know for sure yet. He said she drove it 1/4 mile to work every day, only because she wore high heels, and a yearly trip to Kansas.

I know the first everyone is going to say is lets see some pictures. I told him that too and will post some when I get them.

Other than that, does anyone have a general idea for a starting price. BTW the car runs and is drivable. I told him I would post it in the buy/sell section later.

Dan

Met up with a friend today that I haven't seen for several years and started talking about my Electra. It turned out he has his mother's '63 Riviera that has been garaged since 1984 and plans to sell it.

The car is one owner and most likely high miles although he didn't know for sure yet. He said she drove it 1/4 mile to work every day, only because she wore high heels, and a yearly trip to Kansas.

I know the first everyone is going to say is lets see some pictures. I told him that too and will post some when I get them.

Other than that, does anyone have a general idea for a starting price. BTW the car runs and is drivable. I told him I would post it in the buy/sell section later.

Dan

Price is a function of condition and options. It could be a $500 or a $10000 or more car. It's tough to even guess without exterior/interior photos.

Guest Dan Cook

Thanks for the reply Patrick. Although I know some of the basics of buying an older car and I told him about the same thing as far as what to expect for a selling price, there is just no way to know. I guess I was just looking to see if there was any interest in these cars.

I have never seen it but when he sends me photos I will post them. Thanks again.

Dan

Thanks for the reply Patrick. Although I know some of the basics of buying an older car and I told him about the same thing as far as what to expect for a selling price, there is just no way to know. I guess I was just looking to see if there was any interest in these cars.

I have never seen it but when he sends me photos I will post them. Thanks again.

Dan

First gen rivs are extremely popular and IMO undervalued. The '63 suffers from a complex climate control system and tough to rebuild dynaflow tranny; however, many of us continue to appreciate them.

Consider posting your photos in the Riviera forum.

Guest Dan Cook

OK Patrick, I'll do that when I get them. I just posted here because almost everybody looks at Buick General.

I haven't been to San Diego in 20 years. I'll bet it has changed a lot.

Dan