need 56 dodge pickup wheel help

Guest puckhead

Guest puckhead

ive got a 56 dodge 1/2 ton pickup. i have a set of 205/70/15 tires on the front. the front rims are too narrow for them. it looks funny, and handles poorly. from what vehicles will plain steel wheels fit the tires and bolt pattern? something cheap, that i can get from a wrecking yard. funds are low :)

thanks, mike

Just about any MOPAR truck rim from another 1/2 ton should work. I believe they used that bolt pattern for a VERY long time. In fact, I think I can fit my 1967 Dodge truck rims onto my 1931 Dodges if need be. What you might have to worry about is if there is an alignment pin on your drum. You would have to drill a hole for that or find a rim with alignment holes.

They used that pattern for years. I have used a wheel from a 49 plymouth as a spare for my 76 dodge d100. I am now using a wheel from a 84 jeep cherokee as a spare. There are a lot of options . You should be able to put on a little bigger tire I use 215 75 radials on my 52 plymouth wagon. Another option if you are replaceing all the wheels is to use 16" wheels