Wow! What happened?

Guest wpoll

Guest wpoll

To the old forum?? Oh well....

Just completing a total rebuild of the top end of my '89 2.2 eight valve. Replaced just about everything we could...machined the head, all new gaskets, belts, hoses, altenator, starter, etc... I have two slight problems. I'm stuck with a part we can't remember where it came from. It's an aluminum shield, half-round, approx. 12" diameter, with a rubber end piece riveted on. Looks like it's a protective piece to cover something towards the bottom of car. Looked at the service manual, and all diagrams available online, and nothing..... Anyone know where this may go??

Second problem; there's a small port at (I believe) the turbo outlet. There was a small line attached, maybe 1/4". It had a vacuum (looking) line attached, which we since removed (deteriorated), but can't recall where it attaches to. Again, I checked the service manual, and schematics, but they don't show this port. If you peek under the air cleaner housing at the turbocharger, right next to the large outlet hose, there's a small 1/4" line. I need to know where this goes. Any help is (as always) appreciated. By the way, it's been a month's work, and as we went along we just decided to replace anything that would go on a 90k mile vehicle, thus making it a reliable driver for those weekend trips up the Maine coast, or to the New Hampshire mountains. Used all Bosch OEM parts, spared no expense, and even though I'll never get my $$$ back, at least I'll ahve peace of mind on a 300 mile trip. (fingers crossed) ;)

Hope everyone is fine, we're survivng a horrendous start to our summer here in the Nor'east, going on 32 days of rain......ughhhhhh

Thanks all

Wayne