Wanted: 1965 Riviera Front End Wiring Harness.

Guest Lowrider70

Guest Lowrider70

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Im trying to source an engine bay and dashboard wiring harness for my '65 Rivi. So basically, I need the complete front end wiring, with all connectors, all the way up to the fusebox... including the fusebox itself too. There may be somebody out there who's breaking parts, or who may know of a particular shop or website I can visit. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks. </span>

There are always guys parting out cars and advertising in the classified section of the Riview, the bi-monthly magazine of the Riviera Owners Assn. Lots of those guys aren't members of any of these forums and deal strictly with printed page and telephone. In the most recent issue, there are at least six vendors advertising parts for 65s.

After posting earlier, I read your post in the Joining the ROA thread. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1) Is the ROA chat forum available for only members of the

ROA, or can anyone post up topics and reply to them?

There are actually three ROA forums; this one through the AACA, one through Yahoo Groups, and the original. You can find info on all three on the ROA website www.rivowners.org Anyone, member or not, can chat on the AACA and Yahoo forumus.

2) Whenever I log to the ROA home page, does it always come

through the AACA page just to use the ROA forum?

The ROA website is maintained by the Director and the webmaster. The AACA forum is maintained by the AACA, the other two forums are maintained by individual ROA members. So, it depends on which forum you're viewing as to how it opens. The Yahoo Group and the original group are direct emails.

3) As a member, will I be receiving e-newsletters and

associated correspondance?

No e-newsletters but a bi-monthly magazine.

You should be getting your first copy of the Riview shortly. Once you get it, you can find the "secret handshake" (user ID and password,) and be able to get into the Members Only section of the website. MUCHO INFO there. Just like American Express, membership has its privileges.

And, you'll notice we're a very friendly group and usually everyone is on a first name basis.

Welcome.

Ed

Guest Lowrider70

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roger1931</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try rhode island wiring at www.riwire.com</div></div>

Thanks Roger, apparently RIW have a good reputation and can manufacture a new harness from my existing one. Preferably, I'd want to get my hands on a stock item, if possible. But if not, then I'll give RIW a call.

Guest Lowrider70

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RivNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are always guys parting out cars and advertising in the classified section of the Riview, the bi-monthly magazine of the Riviera Owners Assn. Lots of those guys aren't members of any of these forums and deal strictly with printed page and telephone. In the most recent issue, there are at least six vendors advertising parts for 65s.

</div></div>

Hi Ed, well after joining the ROA the other day, I can only wait for my ''New Member's Pack'' to arrive in about 10 days time... along with an issue of the magazine itself. But until that happens, please feel free to PM me the links/contacts of these vendors. Thanks.

Guest Lowrider70

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RivNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After posting earlier, I read your post in the Joining the ROA thread. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1) Is the ROA chat forum available for only members of the

ROA, or can anyone post up topics and reply to them?

There are actually three ROA forums; this one through the AACA, one through Yahoo Groups, and the original. You can find info on all three on the ROA website www.rivowners.org Anyone, member or not, can chat on the AACA and Yahoo forumus.

2) Whenever I log to the ROA home page, does it always come

through the AACA page just to use the ROA forum?

The ROA website is maintained by the Director and the webmaster. The AACA forum is maintained by the AACA, the other two forums are maintained by individual ROA members. So, it depends on which forum you're viewing as to how it opens. The Yahoo Group and the original group are direct emails.

3) As a member, will I be receiving e-newsletters and

associated correspondance?

No e-newsletters but a bi-monthly magazine.

You should be getting your first copy of the Riview shortly. Once you get it, you can find the "secret handshake" (user ID and password,) and be able to get into the Members Only section of the website. MUCHO INFO there. Just like American Express, membership has its privileges.

And, you'll notice we're a very friendly group and usually everyone is on a first name basis.

Welcome.

Ed

</div></div>

Thanks again ED,

Im very like-minded and prefer to associate myself with a friendly bunch of Buick nuts too! Ok, well I found the ROA website through a Google search. Once on the homepage, I clicked on a link which said "Online Forums", in the left hand column (Blue coloured portion). Then a display of more options... and I chose "ROA Forum". And that brought me straight though to the AACA, which puzzled me a little! If this is NOT the OG ROA Forum, or is a subsidary ROA Forum, then maybe all that will change when I receive my "Secret Handshake" and have access to the Members Only section??