90 TC Pull Down Motor

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Guest CHRYSLER TC

I,ve seen on the forums that a '90's model Cadillac Fleetwood assembly will work? My motor has a 5-pin connector, There are two relays at my motor, is this common. All I've seen on Ebay have 2 to 4 wire connectors. Can I just changed my switch on my motor and use one of those. A lot of those on Ebay look like my motor ass'y. except for connector. Thanks for any help.

Clayton

Unfortunately I never actually seen the complete GM assembly. Most of mine have just needed what Delco calls a Gear Nut part number 20160587 which was used on a number of GM trunk pull down mechanisms. Last time I purchased one it was around five dollars. When you get down to the actual motor it only has two contacts. It's really not to bad of job to tear it down and replace any defective parts. Some later assemblies have a third safety relay to keep it from drawing power continually if it gets stuck somewhere. I did have one that the motor took on a little water but, it wasn't hard to get it running again. It is easiest to do the trouble shooting in a quiet place so you can hear what the motor and relays are doing.

Rich Lane

Guest LouZ

Hi Clayton,

That black thing you are looking at with the 5 wires on it is a Reversing Relay. There is 1 screw with a Torx head located on the side. Remove that and then it will separate from the motor, there you will find the 2 connectors. I'm sorry I do not know about the electrical boxes from the GM cars, The plastic gears are GM # 20160587 they call it G/NUT AY 12.243 = $5.34 .. The plastic housing is from 1AAUTO.com # 1AZTM00003 = $8.00.

I need the electrical parts for one of these units myself.

Good Luck, Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

I've checked today, my motor seems to be ok, but my housing is in bad shape, I know where to get one of those. I worked today for about an hour and a half trying to get my soft top locked down, must be out of sequence or something, I can only get my switch to work when I push the bottom of switch, top of switch never does work, reversing relay may be bad. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Later,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Clayton,

In the past I have been able to use the mechanical lock control in the trunk. Do you have an owner's manual or a top manual.?? the emergency procedure is in the manuals. Under "Top Operation". Good Luck, Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hello Lou,

I locked it down manually today and I also found a TC pull down on ebay today for $50. Also today was a good day, I got my rebuilt transmission working great, also my ABS brakes are working great with my rebuilt ABS system and added fuse & relay wiring back to the car. Glad you sold your car, mine is really close to being ready to sell. Thanks for all of your help.

Regards,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Hey Clayton,

I have been checking eBay for 2 weeks 2x a day for pull down stuff. I have not seen anything. Exactly what did you use for "search". Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hi Lou, I ask one of the sellers on ebay if he thought one of the cadillac motor assemblies would work on my Tc, he said he had one of the TC pull downs, said it looked real good, but needed to be checked out to make sure everthing was ok, but I have not heard back from him, when I do I will let you know.

Regards,

Clayton