Luggage Rack for DA Roadster

I have gone crazy looking for reference photos ... but I am looking to buy/build what I think is a folding luggage rack that bolts to the rear of a 1929 DA Roadster. It is Oz-bodied, and the bolt holes are as shown in this photo..

I believe it is pressed metal and folds??

post-57907-143138079348_thumb.jpg

Guest Backyardmechanic

Hello

The bolts that are on the out side are for the rack the ones on the inside are for tire carrier

Vern

Hi Vern,

It already is a 6-wheeler with two spares on the guards. Does this mean it was 7-wheeler? I have seen somewhere on this forum (but long since lost it), a rack with 2 cast iron brackets holding what looks like a 2-piece pressed metal rack that is hinged in the middle. There are also bolt holes in the bumperette supports that appear to take a rack. (look closely)

Guest 1930

I have a few pict. of racks fitted to roadsters if you would like them I can download them tonight after work, here are a couple anyway for now. These are of Gary Days car and he is in Aust. do you know him and have these also? I dont believe it is pressed metal, looks like cast and yes it folds. Hope this helps and let me know if you want more, these give you an idea of mounting brackets anyway.

post-48869-143138079366_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138079386_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138079407_thumb.jpg

Guest 1930

I have more pict. maybe I have already sent you them though also, if not than send me an e-mail at jhason2@yahoo.com and I will get the rest of what I have off to you. You should contact Bill yourself for more specific pict. really nice guy and I am sure he would be more than happy to help.

Guest Backyardmechanic

Hello,

I don't think your car would be a 7 wheeler.All holes were install on the panel, with side mount cars bolts were install to cove the holes in the panel. when the car was fit with a tire carrier it was mounted at the center holes.

Vern