What years are these Dodge engines?

Guest imported_RAH

Keiser, It appears from the shift lever and brake handle that the one without the front and fan is '21/'22. The one with the bent fan appears to be a '27. More accuracy with engine numbers.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Guest John1918

My guess at the one with the broken chain cover is c1918 because of the conical priming cups. The small flat above the carb hole is too small for the later engine number which would probably be on the broken-off chain cover! There will probably be something like A7 on the casting above where the carb should be. Also steel sump cover and oil filler etc mean no earlier than '18. But it has a 23-24 gearbox yoke, -the short one that releases easily from the chassis! John

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone use these engines? The owner told me that they are going cheap (the price of scrap). There seems to be a lot of usable parts on them such as carb, generator, starter, etc. They are in southern Oregon about 40-45 miles north of the California border off of Interstate 5 in Medford. I really would hate to see them scrapped out with the goodies still on them. Call me at (541)535-1890 or email me at keiser31@charter.net

I am usually at home to answer calls or emails.

John