Budd Wheels

Hudsy Wudsy

Hi! I bought these wheels at a swap meet a few years ago for the new 6:00X16 tires and tubes that were on them at the time. The guy I bought them from had no idea what kind of car they were off of. I, at a glance, thought they were '36 Plymouth (the hub cap retainers look similar), but they are Budd wheels and have a different bolt pattern and center hole diameter. They have the trademark "Budd" and the number "34418".

Here's the dimensions on these wheels:

16" x 4 1/4" (bead)

3 1/2" Center hole

5 Lug, 5" bolt pattern

10 "spokes"

No hole for an alignment peg

I'd like to get them into the hands of someone who could use them. They had been sandblasted and painted before I got them. I added some fresh primer to keep the inside from rusting. Do you nice folks have any thoughts on what they fit?

post-61663-143138073836_thumb.jpg

post-61663-143138073842_thumb.jpg

Well, I see you're as stumped (or as busy) as I am! If you'll forgive my speculating a little on my own... Not Ford, GM or Chrysler. I've seen Hudson and Studebaker wheels from the mid-thirties and that's not the answer. I'm not familiar Nash, Graham or Franklin, though. Are any of you? It occured to me that maybe they could have been off of a light pick up, like an International, but I don't know if anyone would have used a 4.25" rim on a any truck...