55 Deville standard equipment?

Guest MV10

Guest MV10

Does anyone happen to have a list of what was considered standard equipment for a 55 Coupe Deville (2-door hardtop)? I've found various lists online but none of them match, and they all include stuff I'm pretty sure was optional. As a bonus, does anybody have the full options list?

I'm looking at some and just wanted to know exactly what I was looking at. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late responce but I am busy packing to move. I can not say with certainty as to this information because I have seen many that also have contradictions.

Here is a list of convenience options:

Radio and Antenna ($132)

Heating and ventilating system ($129)

Power brakes ($48)

Four way power seat ($70)

Vertically adjustable power seat ($54)

Power windows ($108)

Air conditioning ($620)

White wall tires

E-Z-Eye safety glass

Autronic eye headlight dimmer

The 270 horsepower Eldorado engine was a "Power Package" option for ($161)

I have been trying to get ahold of a friend that is the President of the local Cadillac club to see what he may have. Maybe he's out of town.

I'm sumtimes a little leary about some of the info one finds in these books. I wonder if they are proof read properly or if they are printed properly (transpose numbers) or do they have the correct numbers. I have found a few times that things are not totally accurate from people that do have the positive proof. I guess at this time we just need to have the faith.

Glad this has helped anyway.

Ron,

Healthy skepticism is a good thing!

I do not know the source of your options/accessories info, but I do know it is not complete. The most glaring omission is that of fog lamps. Nor do I see either a spotlight or sabre-spoke wheels listed.

Even so, it is interesting and helpful.

After culling multiple sources of information, including the 1955 Cadillac Data Book, I have compiled a list of standard and optional equipment for the 1955 Cadillac, and the Coupe Deville. The list incorporates the prices provided by Ron Klewer in an earlier msg. here.

The info is now on <span style="color: #666666"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">The Gray Lady</span> </span></span> web site [http://GrayLady.WebNG.com]; more specifically, here:

55 Cad Std/Optional Equipment

Ron,

Thank you for the kind comments. Info is only good if you share it, right? That is what I am trying to do. I knew next to nothing about Cadillacs until I acquired mine a few short months ago. And, needless to say I am still learning!

Slighty OT - I now own a Kent-Moore Model 10 Guide Autronic-Eye tester. I am looking forward to playing with, and reporting on, it on the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #666666">The Gray Lady</span></span></span> web site.