Newb TC Owner

Guest BarelyFit

Guest BarelyFit

I just acquired an 89 8v TC from my Godfather. The paint was in poor condition, and after hours with the clay bar and rubbing compound and wax it is passable. He had left it out. The passenger side is worse. The driver side looks almost new.

I want to replace the rubber on the inside of the driver and passenger windows as they are shot. Where can I obtain these items and how do you get the old ones off?

The odometer does not work but I found a tutorial on the gear replacement somewhere on here. I may give it a try.

Man is this little car fun to drive. I just came out of a Dodge Caravan! I understand it is a scream to see me get in and out of the TC, I'm 6'4" 290#. I don't care I feel like a kid driving around top down.

Welcome,

you are in a friendly helpful place here so have no fear of filling out Your profile, so we know where you are etc.

We have 2 major parts suppliers: www.arizonaparts.com & www.tcparts.com ~ Also there are a couple of members that are "parting out" thier TCs at this time. Good Luck, Lou

They are attached to the door panels, so you need to remove the panels. There are door panels with weatherstrips for sale (I have a pair of ginger in Riverside, CA) in various places around the country from cars being parted out. The weatherstrips would be attached by an upholstery shop with a special stapler.

Guest d_voitel

Welcome, I agree with what Lou said. This forum is great! I found my TC last summer. I first thought it was a Le Baron until I looked little closer. Went home and researched a little and decided I had to have it. It's a great car and it turns heads wherever you go. Have fun with your TC.

Guest BarelyFit

I got stopped today by CHP. He was so engrossed with the TC, had to look at the engine and interior, he let me go with a warning. SLOW DOWN.

Yeah, what JeffN said cool.gif I am finishing bolting up the new turbo today just in time for the national meet in San Diego. Starts Tomorrow Barely... Drive down for a couple days maybe? 40+ TC's and lots of enthusiasts to meet. Give you a ride in the worlds fastest TC wink.gif

Welcome to the forum...

Alan

Guest BarelyFit

Thanks for all the information. If I did not have to go to Chowchilla Sunday, turn and go up to Chico Monday I would be in SD. Now that would have been a worthy trip. Where do I find information on meets? Is just it a TC meet or what?