Any REO Experts on the Forum ?

Guest BJM

I have located a 1936 REO project four door sedan and I do not know much about REO's especially from the 30's. I remember seeing an article in Hemmings Classic Cars last year about a 30's REO.

Does anyone know about REO in the 30's? (Size of motor/status/rarity, etc)

TTT

I have learned a few more things about REO's but not much. I am looking at a 1936 REo 4 door sedan. I understand they called them the Flying Cloud and they probably had 6 cyl motors.

I visited the REO club website and it was kind of helpful but block some content from non-members.

What is it that you want to know? A specific question might get a quicker answer.

If the Reo you are looking at is a Flying Cloud, it will have a 6 cylinder engine. The Flying Cloud was a mid-priced car, more than a Chevy or Ford, but less than a Buick. Reo also built a high-end car called the Royale, but I think the Royale was done by 1932.

Steve,

Thanks it is hard to get specific. I am just looking for recollections of the REO in the the 30's, ownership experiences, restoration issues, rarity from an REO clubmember's experience.

Photos of a restored one. Things like that-

Bryan,

Year 1936 was the very last production year for Reo passenger cars. I believe some 1500 units were made. So there can´ t be too made round today. Do you have any engine or vehicle production numeber of your project Reo?

I have two Reos from 1926 a 4D Sedan and 2tn truck. Both are Model Gs.

Feel free to ask more help.

Best wishes from Turku, Finland

Juha Kaitanen

I have a Franklin Olympic. Franklin needed a cheaper car to sell, and so re-badged Reo Flying Clouds with Franklin engines. I ca say the cars are very well-made, and that there are very few around. I seem to see more Franklins surviving than Reos.

• 1 month later...
Guest REO&packard

As was stated the 36 is the last year for the REO car! The 36 Flying cloud would have a 268ci REO motor with either the very rare self-shiter or a standard 3 speed manual transmission. The 35 and 36 was a complete redesign from the 34 and a surprise that they were the only years of car production for the body style. Your car should have a designation number of 1935 6A or 1936 6D

Joel, PA

1933 REO Flying Cloud S2 self-shifter

1935 REO Royale 7S

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

My Volunteer Fire dept is finishing up repairs on our 1929 REO Fire Truck. I am working on the water pump for the engine which I believe is a Diamond T engine from what I have been told. There are not many marks on the block. Can anyone help me find the shaft packing seal nut and the 2 shaft seals for the bearing housing near the pulley. These seals appear to be different sizes as the shaft changes size from the lower seal to the upper seal. I have not been able to get any numbers off them and having them looked at at the local seal supplier has yielded no results.

Any help would be very appreciated so we can get the REO truck back to its full running glory!

JT Ladd