Long Term Membership?

Guest imported_CarFreak

Guest imported_CarFreak

Several years ago I recall reading an article that due older records being unavailable, that members were asked to send in documentation to indicate when they started their membership. This was to be eligible for 'long term membership' pins & such.

We joined in early 1983 - I don't recall which information that I sent to the OCA to indicate my membership but did get a 20 year pin a short time later.

Well now its 2009 - it dawned on me that we were due to receive a 25 year pin last year. Over the long cold winter I sorted through all my various car magazines, club magazines, etc. So it was now easy to pull a couple early issues of JWO showing my membership.

A month ago I contacted the OCA office asking about our 25 year and was told that the inquiry would be forwarded to the person who handled Long Term Membership. No response. Not surprised, really.

What have other persons experienced regarding Long Term Membership recognition?

I do recall seeing 30 year jackets being given at OCA Nats Banquets. I would really like to get this resolved in the next couple years.... <span style="font-size: 8pt">(sarcasm warning)</span>

Jackets are 30 years? I thought they were 25... frown.gif

I would contact the gentlemen who handles long term membership recognition directly. Every so often a notice appears in JWO. And there should have been some paperwork with your last pin. If you're like me, you threw that out.

Paul

Guest imported_CarFreak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oldsfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jackets are 30 years? I thought they were 25... frown.gif

I would contact the gentlemen who handles long term membership recognition directly.

Paul </div></div>

Pretty sure about jackets @ 30 years.

As for contacting the Long Term Membership person, my inquiry was forwarded to him by the OCA Membership office on March 23 - no response.

I followed up with another email to both on April 9 - again no response. I sent another email again today & left a message @ the Olds Office & faxed a copy of my email also. Will I get a response???

Yes, I understand that most/all Board members for our clubs are volunteers BUT if you don't have the time to spend to properly execute your job, then get off the Board!!!

Members making an inquiry should expect a response in a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">reasonable</span> </span>amount of time; <span style="font-weight: bold">IMO, ONE MONTH AND STILL NO RESPONSE IS NOT REASONABLE. </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 8pt">* I am board member for 4 auto / truck clubs.</span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CarFreak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A month ago I contacted the OCA office asking about our 25 year and was told that the inquiry would be forwarded to the person who handled Long Term Membership. No response. </div></div>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_CarFreak

Made a phone call and spoke to long term membership manager directly.

A 25 year pin was received shortly thereafter.