Unable to Attend

serb

Well, it is official.....we will not be able to attend the Great Lakes Regional in Akron this summer. The National meet in Colorado was ruled out a couple of months ago. Things have a way of changing very quickly. We had considered the National all the while knowing that it would have been a very slim chance. The Regional was going to be a definite especially since my Mother was from Akron and there is still some family residing there.

Oh well, maybe next time. We hope all have a great time.

Stevo

Guest my3buicks

Same here Steveo, knew the national wasn't an option this year, but figured on going to the Regional, turned out to be the same weekend as a special event weekend at camp, so the regional is a no go also.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Still up in the air. Ive recently started attending school to become a water treatment plant operator and Im still not sure whether Im going to be able to afford to go to Akron. I guess I could probably make a day trip out of it , but I would really prefer to stay. Stevo , Akron is only about 1/2 an hour away from Beaver .Pick up 151 in Beaver and it will take you to Akron. Maybe you can still do both !

Dan

Guest Dans 77 Limited

The south hills is as they say ... my hood. I live right on the other side of the Liberty Tubes in Brookline. Grew up in Beechview and if you remember Fort Neccesities on the corner of 18th and Carson I worked there as a gas attendant in high school. Who knows we might have even crossed paths on occasion.

Dan

I spent a lot of time between 25 and 29th and Sarah, Carey Alley and Jane St. Lots of family down that way along with the Serb Club on 25th and Sarah. I have filled up a lot in that neighborhood but mostly at the station on 19th??? and Sarah. I am probably wrong but I think it is now a BP. We more than likely passed somewhere along the line.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

I have been in the Serb club a few times . My buddy Tony was a bartender there for years. I was the token Irish grin.gif. That staion that your thinking of was at 18th & Sarah and I believe it is now a Marathon station. Iwas one block down at 18th & Carson ..... The place where I worked is a metered parking lot now. The BP station is at 10th & Carson. Was just down there tonight

Dan