Dynaflow rebuild

I live in Illinois just south of Chicago. I have a 1951 Buick Super with the infamous leaky Dynaflow transmission. I am looking for a reputable and resonably priced repair facility in the upper Illinois area that could tear down the trans and put in a dry up kit and whatever else.<P>Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom,<BR>I posted the same question a month or so and if you look throught the threads you can find a person who knows someone in Northern Illinois.<BR>Didn't help me cause I am in Texas.<BR>I looked and found the post<P>Here it is.....<P>There is a fellow in our area that has rebuilt many Dynaflow Transmissions for the Chicagoland Chapter Club members. I highly recomend him.<BR>He is Tom Kasper Sr., with A-1 Transmissions in Elgin, IL. He is semi- retired, he now only works on the old Dynaflows and Jetaways and leaves the new stuff to his son. Phone him at 847-888-4200 or <BR>847-622-9225. Make sure you talk to the old guy.<P>He disassembled mine right in front of me and told exactly what it needed. He also said that 75% of the transmissions he repairs, somebody else had already tried and failed.<P>Scott<P><p>[This message has been edited by Bill Stoneberg (edited 10-07-2000).]