window shade

Guest 1930

I am missing one curtain rod and maybe someone has a spare they would not mind parting with. Used to be that you could get these anywwhere but now everything is plastic. Anyway as you can see it is oval shaped, needs to be at least 26 1/4 long. If anyone needs shades for a 4dr sedan I have quite a few of them I have collected from different cars. They need a good home and I would be happy just knowing that I found that for them. In other words they could be free. Let me know if anyone has this wood. I dont even need the eyelets, just the wood. Thanks

post-48869-143138053709_thumb.jpg

Guest DBAcadia

I have two '26 DB sedans. One has its rear curtain. I have seen pics of sedans

with curtains for the rear sides also. So I could use five total if yours fit DB. I

will measure the one rear and the four sides. It would be great they fit.-Tom

207-288-8960

Ok I dont know how many I have so Dana J give me your measurements so I can check. DB acadia you asked first so again give me your measurements and I will try and help but if I have just enough to help each one of you out on one of your cars than that I what I think is fair to do, I should have mentioned I suppose that I think these are the narrow ones that go on side glass, I dont think I have any rear but I may be way off on that. If you both have sedans than I assume that means narrow side windows so you might be in luck. Cant also promise that they are absalute complete but I think for the most part they are. Let me know and hoping that I can help both of you. I will dig them out and let you know the measurements.

Guest DBAcadia

On my '26 DB sedans the rear curtain is 28 1/2" but the two sides

measure 25 1/2" - 26 1/2". There are no side brackets,do you have any?

Thanks. Tom in Bar Harbor, ME

Looks like I cant help either of you out, I have 6 shades but they all measure the same at 18 inches. They are from a DA rear side widow I guess.

post-48869-143138054018_thumb.jpg

Guest DodgeKCL

Dana the 2 ends that you have are the common mountings for the old style wind up cloth blind just like you see if the photos. The slot in the one end is an anchor to allow you to preload the blind rewind spring so when you pull down the blind and then let it go back it will roll up again. It only has 1 end slotted because the spring is only in one end. The spring end in the blind has a square tab sticking out that goes into the slot in the mounting. You may still find those old style blinds at a blind store like 'Blinds to Go'. All I've ever seen and the ones on my cars are colored an olive drab.

Guest Backyardmechanic

hey would you sent me 3 for the DA?

As I ended up with Big Marks DA and the shades are missing

Thank you,

Vern Barker

3640 state route 8

Titusville,Pa.16354

I thought they were all the same size, they are not, 4 are the 18 inch ones that I will send you as I assume that is what you wanted as per my post above, two have shade material left and two do not but at least you have a spare rod if you need it. The other two were even narrower at 15 inches, I guess these were quarter glass curtains for DA. Anyway on the way now