Want to buy hood latches for 1931 Dodge 6

keiser31

Want to buy or trade for some hood latches for my 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 which may be the same as '31 DeSoto SA6 and '31 Chrysler CM6. They are attached to the hood sill/fender and have a strap instead of a rod for the internal "pull-up" part. Here is what I need.......Thanks in advance. John

post-37352-143138053136_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

My Grandfather started a restore job on 31DH and then couldn't finish the task. I've inherited it and am in need of some parts, the latch you've pictured here, and a complete rear bumper assy. After seeing your other posts on bumper clamps, I thought that I write and see if 1: you found a supply of latches and 2:if your network might have information about the whereabouts of a rear bumper thank you for your time

I have not found any latches yet with the flat strap as pictured and I did know of a guy with a set of bumpers (full front and split rear for the spare tire mount). I think he wanted $350.00 for both sets. I will check to see if he still has them. These are the items in question.

post-37352-143138082233_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138082235_thumb.jpg

Thank you, I looked through my grandfathers shed a couple of times looking for the rear bumper. The car came to me in almost complete status minus one hood latch and a rear bumper. Your help is appreciated.

Guest Warren Out Rides

New guy here. I have a 1931 Ply 30U, and a 1931 DC-8, if you guys have any extra parts or leads it would be great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warren Out Rides</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New guy here. I have a 1931 Ply 30U, and a 1931 DC-8, if you guys have any extra parts or leads it would be great.</div></div> What 30-U or DC-8 parts do you need? Email me with a list at keiser31@charter.net

John

• 1 month later...
Guest Tim in Tigard

I am in need of two or more of these 1931 Mopar hood latches, as well. I am restoring a 1931 Desoto 4 dr, and as you all know, finding original parts and sources for this car is a challenge. I am also looking for the correct specs for adjusting my 6 cyl motor for this car. I hear they are different than the later 30's and 40's Mopar 6 cyl motors.

Also, my front frame pieces, referred to by some as the horns . . . One comes out straight from the area located between the radiator and the bumpers, the other side veres off a little to the outside, thus making my headlights look a little off centered in regards to the radiator and the fenders. Should they come out straight or should they both go outward a little? Any ideas, sources, leads you can offer will be much appreciated? Feel free to email me at timmccart@aol.com Tim in Tigard, OR

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I may as well get in on this thread. I need a pair of hood latches for my 1931 cd8 chrysler. The ones I lost were attached to a pair of fenders that disapeared when my car trailer was stolen. I have since purchased a pair of fenders , with out the latches. They don't look the same as what is pictured here for the Dodge. Any help locating some appreciated.

John Baker

Malabar Fl.

jbaker22@cfl.rr.com

Guest dgiorgi
Want to buy or trade for some hood latches for my 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 which may be the same as '31 DeSoto SA6 and '31 Chrysler CM6. They are attached to the hood sill/fender and have a strap instead of a rod for the internal "pull-up" part. Here is what I need.......Thanks in advance. John

There is a guy on eBay sell all sorts of NOS mechanical , gauges and mention to have other NOS parts for the early Dodge. Look him up and ask if he has these, who knows , he claims he bought a lot of NOS stuff. Good luck. Dave