WTB YALE MARMON PAD LOCKS

VINCE BAKICH

• 4 months later...
Guest kaycee

Hi Vincent,

A Marmon padlock is on eBay until 6-22-09.eBay item number is 190314937344. It has a National brand key but a locksmith

with old Yale keys should be able to cut you another original key. I did that on mine. It's starting out at $24.95, but these usually go for about $40-$50. 'Hope I helped and you read this.

Kaycee

Guest kaycee

Hi Vince,

I'm glad that I helped.I mistook the name of the key on this lock, but if you're lucky enough to win it it'll be easy to find a locksmith with some old stock keys to cut a Yale key for you for a reasonable cost. Good luck, and have a good weekend!

Kaycee

Guest kaycee

Hi Vince,

I hope you're the bidder that won the lock on eBay.

Evidently the value has gone up since I won one a few years ago, but I was shocked at $104.00. 'Hope you were the lucky bidder! I watched it since I contacted you (I did'nt bid,I've got one), and the approximate worth that I gave you was way off. Do you still have the Model 32? I formerly belonged to the Marmon Club, but have'nt been in it for a few years. I'll probably join up again in the near future.

Have a good week!

Kaycee

Hello Kaycee,

Good morning, no I did not win the Marmon Lock went for more than I thought and over my bid, perhaps another will surface. My father John had the model 32 and he sold it a number of years ago. We have a number of Marmons and find them to be great touring cars. I am trying to remember you but am not sure if we have met? We have belonged to the Marmon club a long time now. What do you have and what are you working on? Other projects? Send me a private message if you like. Talk to you soon.

Guest kaycee

Hi Vince,

Sorry I did'nt reply sooner. I was looking at a 2003 roster and thought you and your father had model 32's, and checked again, and found that you have model 34's and other Marmons. I belonged to the Marmon club in 2003 and will probably rejoin. We've never met, but Marmons are sort of my "pet" cars. I'm slowly restoring a '27 Little Eight 2 dr. sedan, and have a complete 4dr parts car disassembled that I bought several years ago. I've been working on a nice '71 Corvette which is currently a great 'driver', and I have a nice '28 Pontiac 4dr. I'm always looking for Marmon ( primarily Little 8, and '28 Pontiac items) on e-Bay regardless of the year Marmon, or '26-'29 Pontiacs. I believe I have all the Little 8 ads, parts& service manuals, and quite a few factory brochures,emblems, and other'hard' items but there is always something that I have'nt seen yet, so I'm always looking. I noticed that in 2003 you or your father owned a '27 E75 and other model '34's. A Marmon motometer on e-Bay sold today for $237.00 plus shipping. I watched it out of curiousity, and was'nt ultra surprised considering the prices that some of these things are selling for. There's a V16 on e-Bay (unrestored)that I believe the stating bid is $267,00.00. Too much for my wallet!, plus I have enough to play with now, and rebuilding my John Deere rider engine to cut my grass is my priority right now. Incidentally I also have some Marmon V16, E75,

Roosevelt, and '32&34 ads and "odd" items in my collection.

It's a pleasure 'talking to you on this forum, and,even though half the year is gone, I'll join the Marmon club again soon. Have a good week and great 4th of July!

Kaycee