Joel Rosenberg (screen name Montrose) passes away suddenly

Joel Rosenberg died suddenly of a stroke. He contributed here as "Montrose". Joel lived in Vernon, CT. Obituary from New Haven, CT newspaper below:

ROSENBERG JOEL Joel Rosenberg 51 of Vernon beloved companion and father passed away suddenly on Saturday January 31 2009. Joel is survived by partner Kathryn Leenhouts; son Forrest Rosenberg parents Enid and Larry Rosenberg of Orange; brother Steve Rosenberg and his wife Lisa of Bethany; sister Lisa Rosenberg of Washington D.C.; stepson Donald Leenhouts; niece Alexa Rosenberg; and numerous cousins aunts uncles and friends. Funeral services at Cong. Or Shalom 205 Old Grassy Hill Rd Orange WEDNESDAY afternoon at 12:15 o'clock with Interment services to follow in the Beth Israel Cemetery Derby-Milford Rd. Orange. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be sent to the Collie Health Foundation, Studebaker National Foundation, LifeChoice Donor Services, or to the charity of one's choice. Funeral arrangements in care of the Robert E. Shure Funeral Home New Haven (203-562-8244).

Guest simplyconnected

Such a tragedy for the family of this young man of 51. May Joel rest with God and all the angels in heaven. I will sorely miss his wisdom and his warm brotherhood, here.

Dave Dare

This is a most disappointing post, I knew Joel well and only last December helped him to identify some early ignition parts he had acquired. I scanned a 1920's catalog of applications and burned the large files to a CD for him. I hope he got some use from it before he left us.

Stude8

I ran across this photo in my files of a happy Joel Rosenberg in 2007 at a Studebaker Meet with one of his Collies surrounded by Studebaker parts. His email address had "collies and studes" in it.

stude8

post-31139-143138044283_thumb.jpg