Top insert kit for early 30s sedans

Guest outlaw car man

Guest outlaw car man

Any of you guys & gals have a source for a top insert kit for a 32 4 door sedan, or advice on where to look.

Thanks-

Guest nofrills33

OCM

Are you looking for the "fabric" or the wood frame, or both? Restoration Specialties as well as others sell the "grained" vinyl and I have seen on eBay , although not recently, someone offering the wood frame structure complete with chicken wire and metal corner pieces that the material is stretched over before placing back in the roof.

There is also a company that sells "kits" for the vinyl as well as upholstry , but the name escapes me. I will rummage thru my stuff and see if I can locate.

And to further complicate things, I think in the Chrysler section of the AACA forum, someone recently posted a picture of the vinyl showing the graining

Guest outlaw car man

Thanks nofrills-

Was looking for just the vinyl kit. The top on my 32 looks to be original, but old and cracking.

Ford has LaBaron Bonney, GM Hampton Coach, but wondering who takes care of DB folks-

May have to make a kit from parts sources-

Thanks

It is the same material. The only difference is long grain vs short grain and since you have original material you should be able to pick the correct one. Make sure you buy enough to cover the width and include triming. Yu can just buy the material from the companies cited but I would also buy new cotton. Make sure you have heat where you work and that the material is warm and pliable.

Jan

Guest nofrills33

OCM,

Jan is correct-it was all the same

I found the other company inf-I hate it when the wife makes me clean up my chair in the family room-it takes for ever to find my stuff Glad Christmas is once a year!

Contact SMS Auto Fabrics-they will send you free samples of vinyl, upholstery,

carpet and windlace.

Their web is : www.smsautofabrics.com email: info@smsautofabric.com

Materials seem to be pretty darn close to original for '30s vehicles.

I Have not purchased from them but am curious about the wool carpet premade sets-I hate to cut or make my own patterns(lazy)

Anyone know of these guys???

Guest outlaw car man

Perfect, just what I was looking for-

Be a Spring project, but gives me this winter to think about it and possibly start the project.

Many thanks for digging it up.

I plan to check the local shops too, this gives me a good start-

OCM