WTB- 1965 Skylark/GS Radio delete plate?

If they were/are available, I'm looking to buy a 65 Skylark factory radio delete plate.<BR>Thanks<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com

Guest John Chapman

MrNotRegistered,<P>The delete plate is a piece of trim that covers the opening for the deleted radio... and matches the existing trim so you only look poor, not poor <I>and</I> tasteless...LOL. Frequently this was an option(?) for police, government cars and factory racer-type cars.<P>Now, go register and join in the fun!<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

Dan<P>He is a buddy of mine and you can give him a call at 1-330-652-2234. I think he still has it. I will let him know that you are still looking and find out my he never got back to you.<P>Denny

The seller w/ the 65 Skylark radio delete plate never responded to my e-mail, so I just wanted to let eveyone know that I'm still looking for one.<BR>Thanks.<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com

• 2 months later...

Did Buick even make a radio delete plate in 1965 for the Skylark, GS, or Special?<P>------------------<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com<BR>1965 Skylark<BR>1965 Gran Sport

Guest John Chapman

Dan,<P>This might be a stretch, but I'd <I>assume</I> so, just to accomodate police/taxi applications. I'll check my parts manual and see if one is listed.<P>Cheers,<BR>John

Guest John Chapman

Dan,<P>My parts manual shows a delete plate<BR>Group: 9.740<BR>Part: #1370141<BR>Name: Cover, Radio Opening<P>It is also shown on the illustrated parts breakdown. Appears to be a plain plate with mounting brackets that go thru the radio control knob holes. Looks like it fills the entire radio section of the panel.<P>My hunch is that you could fabricate one and paint it the silver color that is used around the speedometer bezel and no one would be the wiser.<P>John

Yes there was a delete plate!<BR>My 65 special wagon has one.<BR>It came with ps, pb, auto, but no radio.<BR>now it has a 455 for sweet BIG BLOCK music!<P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel<BR>65 WildcatConvSuperWcat<BR>65 WildcatAutoSuperWcat<BR>65 Wildcat4spdSuperWcat<BR>65 Riviera Wildcat 445<BR>65 Special Wagon 455<BR>70 GS Stage1 4speed

Thanks for the info John and Ted.<BR>What's the name of that parts manual?<BR><P>------------------<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com<BR>1965 Skylark<BR>1965 Gran Sport

Help me out here guys...Classiccarparts.com wants $65 Plus a $20 finders fee! Anyone out there have one?<BR>Thanks<P>------------------<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com<BR>1965 Skylark<BR>1965 Gran Sport

Guest John Chapman

Dan,<P>The parts manual I use is the 1965 Buick parts manual. It's part of the basic three book shop manual set; chassis (Special/Skylark), parts (all Buick), and Fisher body (all GM, all passenge car bodies). I've also got the '64 Special/Skylark factory assembly manual and it has been very helpful.<P>If you're doing a GS, there is also a GS supplement manual. There are probably others, too (Riviera Climate Control and transmissions are two I think I've seen)<P>John<p>[This message has been edited by John Chapman (edited 10-27-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Ted (Wildcat65)-<BR>I guy that says he has one, sent me a picture of it. Can you please tell me if it's the correct part? (Or anyone out there that has one, contact me, and I'll send you the picture) I don't want to buy the wrong part. How does it attach? Thanks in advance...BTW- What's you email address?<BR><P>------------------<BR>Dan<BR>BuickGS65@aol.com<BR>1965 Skylark<BR>1965 Gran Sport

Guest John Chapman

Dan, <P>In my parts manual diagram, it shows the delete plate as covering the entire radio area. Although not a detailed drawing, I'd guess that to be the resessed area.<P>Attachement is by two legs with screw posts on the end that fit through the control knob holes and are affixed by large washers and nuts.<P>You can send me a picture, and I'll see if it looks reasonably close to the drawing.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com