window pumps

Guest papete

Is there any easy way to replace the window pumps in my 46 Lincoln? The new clips seem hard to get on and I believe I over stretched/opened one to get it to fit. It just seems to be a lot of hard work. I am on my first window, of four. I suppose by the time I put in the third window I will have it down pat. Any tips? Thanks

When I replaced the ones in my sedan I used the old clips and they worked fine with the replacement lift cylinders. The replacement clips may not be suitable for your car. Be sure to ckeck out the hoses that go thru door post while you at it.

You really need to be careful when dealing with these spring loaded assemblies. If you are replacing the cylinders while the mechanisms are still in the car you will need to place a block ( maybe a wood 2x2) between the upper pivot point at the cross arms and the bottom bar where the lower end of the cylinder attaches. If you do this with the window raised slightly from the lowered position you should be able to exchange the cylinders easily. After the new cylinders are in place and lines connected the window can be raised ( with the pump) so the block can be removed. Good luck

I mean what goes in the door. Are they called rams? I replaced one hose that was leaking and may replace all of them while I have the the door panel off. Probably work on them this weekend. Thanks for the responces.