Selling my 1963 Riviera with 425

nooshinjohn

Rust free California Riviera with all major mechanical work complete!!!

-rebuilt 425 "nailhead" only 2600 made with this engine in '63 !!!very rare!!!

reconditioned Dynaflow transmission that is so smooth you will never feel it shift

-complete new front end using polygraphite performance parts!!!

-new power steering system including steering gear. pump and hoses

-new brakes, radiator, exhaust, and just about everything else needed to make it run, drive and stop as it should.

THE BODY IS VERY STRAIGHT, RUST FREE, and 100% COMPLETE!!! needs nothing but paint and minor interior work, but makes a fun, safe and reliable driver if you choose to wait with the details.

The factory air-conditioning is disabled as is the heater core. They are the only mechanical items left that will need attention to get working again. The engine and transmission have developed small leaks from lack of use. It was my intention to do a body off restoration of this car, and reseal the engine at that time. The leaks are not severe, perhaps the size of a quarter or so in a few spots under the car over the course of a week.

As mentioned above, only 2600 cars were made with the 425 engine in 1963, and today there are perhaps as few as 150 or so left, and less than a dozen that are equipped like this one, so this is indeed a very rare car. All numbers match. This car also has an undocumented but extraordinary history. The original owner was an engineer with NASA in the 1960s, which is why the car was ordered in the color combination of white over red leather. This car has had a few distinguished passengers that were pioneers of the early American efforts in space and some have even walked on the moon! Of course I have no documentaion to prove this claim, but the car still proudly wears the Mission Control Houston sticker on the lower drivers windshield.

This car is truly an easy restoration for somebody wanting that winter project and deserves the finest of care. If you have been looking for one of these cars as I did for a very long time, you can rest assured that this is not a basket case needing half the sheetmetal replaced before even thinking of paint, and taking into account all that has been done, my minimum bid is very realistic. Please email with all questions. It breaks my heart to even think of selling it but with my current lack of space i am forced to let the new owner take over. my loss is your gain as i have more than 10k into the car so far. Thanks for your interest.

P.S. THIS CAR RUNS, DRIVES, AND HANDLES VEY WELL!!! I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF DRIVING THIS CAR ANYWHERE!!!

I am asking 5900.00 if I post the car to ebay again, but for ROA members I will be willing to negotiate a better price.

Please contact me at nooshinjohn@verizon.net if there is any interest.

Thanks

John