1931 8-90 Current Control Relay

Guest jules greenway

Guest jules greenway

Hi Guys

What is the concensus of opinion on the Current Control Relay?

Are replacements available? Can they be restored? Is it easier/more reliable/safer to just fit a set of fuses?

The one on my car is obviously faulty as someone has fitted an inline fuse acoss it!

Any thoughts greatfully received

Jules

Guest jules greenway

hi Mark,

no the Under Dash Relay which, if I understand correctly, responds to excess Current drain (such as a short in a particular circuit)

regards

Jules

Jules,

Well, I looked it up in my Specifications. & Adjustments manual and found that you are probably asking about the current limit relay mounted under the dash. Basically it functions as a thermal overload (or breaker) only for the lighting circuits that will make a buzzing sound when the lighting circuit is becoming overloaded.

Replacing it with a simple fuse will work to protect your lighting circuits. But if you need a scan of the adjustment instructions, just send me a direct email. durcodude@comcast.net

Guest jules greenway

Mark

I have a copy of Specifications & Adjustments thanks, I was really more interested in what one does if the relay is not working as it should? ie possibly replace it with some fuses?

Jules