1950 Olds front sway bar

Guest oldmobile1

Guest oldmobile1

I don't know how many 50 Olds owner's are out there, but one of the best things I have done to mine is install a 1" front sway bar. Man what a difference in the way they handle. The car's stay flat in curve's and just feel more stable. Got mine from Bill Ersham in Toledo Ohio, I think Tanson Enterprize in California also sell's them. Got my money's worth with this purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a '49 Sport Coupe. I have been considering these bars both front and rear. I have several friends with '50 Olds who feel they are a good improvement. Was the fit of the Ersham bar good on your car? Do you feel that the 1" bar is not too stiff? One fellow told me a horror story that his 1" bar was transmitting so much force that it tore the end links out of their anchor holes to the body (maybe he was cornering like a maniac). Another, said he found the 1" bar too stiff for his 4 door sedan (he is going to remove it), but OK for his Sport Coupe. Any comments?

Guest oldmobile1

I've had the bar on my 2 door sedan for about a year and a half, I love it. Put one on my fast back this year and made a great improvement in it. I like the way they corner nice and flat, and I think it improves the ride, ferms it up so it's not real mushy. Have had no problems of any kind. Friend of mine did the front and rear of his coupe several years ago and he loves the way it handles also. Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest oldmobile1

I have misplaced Bills e-mail since my computer crapped, but he is (The Olds Connection) in Sylvania Ohio, near Toledo. His number is 419-882-4279. They were $200.00 + shipping. I got mine off him at The Rocket Fest. Good luck, Doug