My 1928 Chevrolet

Hello, I'm new here. I have recently acquired a '28 Chevrolet rdstr p/u which is in sad shape. I thought that I might use it as a simple rat rod and put it on a different frame etc. However the more I research the more I like it as it is and am starting to want to restore. I would appreciate any infomation forthcoming about this seemingly rare vehicle. The engine # is4087674. Engine casting #is; 348532 bowtye 2, B 4 8.There is no "T" in front of the engine #.

So far i have discovered that there may be only 8 or 9 of these in existence. Although the Aussies have a fair 'swag' of them restored though slightly different from mine. I'm not sure how to post a pic on here yet.

Thankyou for any help or interest in advance

I can help you only a little. It is my understanding that the Chevy roadster PU is VERY rare. IIRC, none were made in the states but don't quote me on that.

There is a member here who may be able to help you with the numbers but his name escapes me at the moment.

If you go to the VCCA forum there are people who can rattle those numbers off their heads.

Due to its rarity I would strongly urge you to keep the car original.

If not, sell it to me. grin.gif

Hello Bill, Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree it would be shame to see this vehicle lost.I have saved every rusted screw and rotted piece of wood and tried to photograph it the way it came to me. It has these wonderful features about it that distinguish it as a Roadster Pick-Up. Brass brackets with casting #'s and a small well in the rear drivers side fender that recieves the spare rim which sits in a lovely cast saddle on the running board. Peter

I just looked and found my parts book. I did a quick search for the numbers but didn't find them. It may not be the right book. I'll look more later and get back to you.

Again, I urge you to go to the VCCA forum and ask the people there. They are far better with this type of information then I am.