1953 Buick wire wheel covers for sale

• 11 months later...

interested in wire covers. restoring a 40 limo and want to do wires. what size wheel are they ??? if you still have them.<P> mark reasbeck<BR> las vegas nv.<BR> 702-604-0005

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Gents,<BR> Just a note, I fount out the hard way. There are 2 sizes of wire wheel covers on the '53. <P> The difference is the depth from front to rear. I know the Special takes the smaller ones, & the Roadmaster takes the deeper ones, not sure which the Super uses.<BR> <BR> Otherwise, parts wise the spokes and center emblems are the same.<P>Scott

Guest Buicklover

If memory serves me right, the Roadmaster & Super will have the V in the center. The Special has the Buick Crest. Both sets are 15". Both types are getting pretty hard to get ahold of these days.<BR>Bill R. BCA #12434

Buicklover,<P> That is partialy correct. That is only on the full wheel cover, not the spokes.<P>Scott

Guest my3buicks

Scott, I disagree with you. The wires as well as the full wheel covers sported the V for the Super and Roadmaster standing of course for the V-8 and the crest was used on all Special series even with the wire wheel option. Part #'s are different for the 50/70 versus the 40 series also. And I also foolishly passed on a NOS set of wires at Hershey a couple years back for a 40 Series for $200 and they possitively had the crest and I verified the part #'s at that time also. <P>------------------<BR>Keith Bleakney BCA# 11475<P>1967 Technical Advisor<P>1 - 1967 (3517) & 1 - 1953 (56R)

I stand corrected. I had 6 covers. They all had the same centers. I assumed the centers were all the same for all series until I when putting one of them on, the bowl on the back was not deep enough. <BR> What you are saying makes sense.<BR>The Special had a straight 8, so no need for the V on the wheel centers.<P>Scott

Scott,<P>Please do not tell me that I have been into 58 buicks for twelve years and never knew that the V was to signify the V-8 engine!<P>Anyone know where I could get some of those V centers? (I know 58 buicks did not use them, but I had this idea for making center caps with them for use with my 64 rally wheels...dont ask!)<P>Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey, sorry this hasn't much to do with hub caps, but for you guys restoring 53 buicks - know of any good sources on internet or not, for someone just starting a 53 restoration?<BR>here's a few pics for those interested... <A HREF="http://tuff.dnsq.org/buick.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://tuff.dnsq.org/buick.htm</A> <BR>also, with hub caps, the ones i have are in great condition, but the black paint has chipped off, what type of paint do i need to get to paint over the chrome stuff?<BR>please send comments or replies to jlh8003@tntech.edu<BR>any help is much appreciated<BR>thanks<BR>