Lone Star Automobile in San Antonio

stevep516

Guest 1915Saxon

Hi Steve....While I am no expert on Texas built cars, I have researched on and off for the last 20 years. As a Texan I have always wanted to own a texas built older car. There are a few 1924-1925 or so Texans around,(one at the San Antonio Museum),a 1912 Luck Utility in Cleburne, and 1 1/2 Rangers. I havn't found anything on Lone Star....but if I find anything I will be glad to shre any info with you. What info have you found?....I'm hoping to compile enough information for a book about Texas built cars and the Texas auto industry in the early 19th century.

Thanks for the response.........

I've only found a bit here and there about the Lone Star. It appears that the Piedmont Motor Car Co, Lynchburg, Va. produced them for a couple of years (1919 - 1920?). I'm not sure about the numbers because all that was different was the radiator emblem between the Piedmont, Bush, and the Lone Star.

There was a new dealer building, 4 stories, built in EL Paso as noted in an ad dated March 16, 1921 that was touted as "state of the art"

I wish I had more info, but as of now I am still in the search mode.