Red Reatta coupe in Kansas

Booreatta

Boy 2 cars on the road in 2 days in kansas. Today there was a red coupe on K15 north bound just south of Mulvane Kansas this morning around 9ish. The headlights were up so I would assume it needed a fix. Any body on this group have that car?

Guest C.F.Massie

Hey Chuck, did it have a Kansas tag on it? If not maybe it was just passing through. So far I have spotted and counted 15 Reattas in the Wichita area, more than I would have expected here. I scrutinized them pretty well to make sure I wasn't seeing the same cars over and over. I'm really surprised that many of them don't pay attention to this forum site. Awhile back didn't a member here have a business card that advertised our forum and he/she would leave it on the Reattas they had seen? Maybe we should all be doing that to promote the Reattas more. I know there is you, me and Reatta45 in our area but have not heard of anyone else on this site from this area.

Craig I really could not tell for sure where the car was from, he passed me going the other way and there was a lot of traffic couldnt see the tag. From what I know there is your car, 2 Sapphire coupes, 1 saddle coupe, 3 white coupes, burgandy coupe, 2 white convertibles, 3 red convertibles and I only know of 3 of us on the discussion group. The guy with the burgandy coupe knows about the discussion. One of the guys with the red convertible is active at carshows and a great guy, has gone to the homecomming but is not active on the discussion group that I know of.

Hello Craig and Chuck…

I have ran across a few others between here and KC, also a couple down in Oklahoma, usually going the other way in traffic, and usually red coupes no out of town convertibles. I still drive my black 91 coupe at least every other day, too much fun not to drive.

Did either of you make it to automobilia this year? I arrived late (because of the early rain) did not get too far from my entry car this year so didn’t get to see any other cars more than a block away from St Francis Street. The midnight cruse was a lot of fun this time, LOTS of cars and cool temps. KennyV.

Guest C.F.Massie

Hi Kenny,

I've passed a few driving back and forth to Texas over the last four years, mostly in Oklahoma.

I went to Automobilia but did not stay too long, sorry I did not get to see you. I stayed in front of the Museum of World Treasures at 1st and Mosley with my son and his Mustang so I did not roam around much either. Good cars this year though as every year, glad Gary is keeping this going. My Red/Tan 89 Reatta is up on blocks for the last four months, I'm trying to go through it and check things, repairs, replacements and then get it painted so I haven't driven it. I sure miss driving it though, I know exactly how you feel.

I was there and didnt see either of you guys. I do the trophies for this show and have for the past 10 years. Why dont you guys have pity on me and bring me a brew. In the garage next door. I had my white Riviera convertible parked out front. Will either of you guys going to WFO in Augusta next Saturday? Kenny some day we need to get together somewhere.I think that I am going to take the Riviera Saturday so the grandkids can go. I wont go till around 5pm. This is close to you isnt it.

• 3 weeks later...

Fast-forward a dozen years and the 1958 Meteor was just another old car, but at a time when many baby boomers were acquiring their first vehicles. The rugged Meteor was still attractive as affordable transportation.Now for those of you that are always wishing they still had their very first car, take note. Adrien Poirier of Winnipeg sums it up in three words, "I've got mine." Having purchased his one-owner 1958 Meteor Niagara 300 as a teenager in 1970, from his father's car lot at Louis Paul's Shell service station in Selkirk. Poirier has never thought of selling it. Originally equipped with a 223-cubic inch, six-cylinder engine and three-speed standard transmission, Poirier drove the car for four

months before acquiring a more potent 332-cubic inch V-8.

----------------------------

kimrennin

Kansas Drug Treatment