Dynaflow exchange

apb

Not easily. The bell housing on the 57 is smaller. It uses a flex plate rather than a flywheel. The ring gear is on the torque converter rather than the flywheel. I think the length is different and the drive shaft uses two universals with a different spline pattern so the 55 rear won't connect to the 57 trans..........Bob

Not easily. The bell housing on the 57 is smaller. It uses a flex plate rather than a flywheel. The ring gear is on the torque converter rather than the flywheel. I think the length is different and the drive shaft uses two universals with a different spline pattern so the 55 rear won't connect to the 57 trans..........Bob

I would have a '55 trans as a parts donor if that is a help. The connection to the prop shaft seems like it would by just a U joint change and perhaps I could use the bell housing from my '55. The ring gear seems like it might be a killer though you did say not easily implying that it is possible.

Well I guess anything is possible given enough time, money, and effort. I guess the next question is why do it. There is little difference between a 55 and 57 trans, besides the size. The 57 was made smaller to accomadate a 2" lowering of the body line.........Bob

I'm thinking it is not worth getting as about it's good for is internal parts. He's asking $200 and it's susposed to have about 500 miles on the rebuild. It was replaced by a 350/350 drivetrain.

• 3 months later...