'91 replaced belt tensioner& pulley, now no start & code 43

littleblue90

It cranks but won't start. Battery seems fine, dash and lights are working, even tried jumping. I don't even hear the fuel pump priming. I can't imagine a bad knock sensor would keep the car from starting??? What else could it be?

*as a side note* Not sure if this is related, but I also have a E041 current code. I Have had it for about a year, after I unsucessfully tried to "replace" my cam sensor magnet (it fell off)I haven't had the time or patience to mess with it.

Any thoughts would be much apperciated!

**update** I found the source of the code 43. It was a wire harnass that was just hanging. Looks like it clipped into the oil pressure sensor and knock sensor?? Not sure? but the code 43 went away. The car still won't start, I probably yanked on some wires or vaccuum lines. I'm sure its obvious but I am too dumb and stubborn to figure it out.

I would still apperciate any advice or thoughts...thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't even hear the fuel pump priming. I can't imagine a bad knock sensor would keep the car from starting??? What else could it be?</div></div> Why would you just brush off something as important as the fuel pump not running and then ask the question "What else could it be? " It could be the FUEL PUMP NOT PRIMING! Fix an obvious problem first and then look for something else wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 91reatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> after I unsucessfully tried to "replace" my cam sensor magnet (it fell off)I haven't had the time or patience to mess with it.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I probably yanked on some wires or vaccuum lines. I'm sure its obvious but I am too dumb and stubborn to figure it out. </div></div>

Before we can help with your problems you need to be willing to try to fix them yourself. Sounds to me like you are looking for someone to solve your problems while you go have a beer. Go correct the problems you know you have and then come back and we will try to help.