gas tank gauge and sending unit for '28 Dodge Brothers

Guest 28SeniorSix

Guest 28SeniorSix

I need the gas tank gauge and sending unit for a 1928 Dodge Brothers, or any portion of it. I believe the same unit was used on the 1928 Senior, Standard, and Victory models, possibly on other years also. The unit is a combination manual fuel tank gauge and a sending unit for the fuel gauge in the instrument panel.

I have been looking for this part for awhile now with no luck. If you have one or know where I might locate one, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, Ken

Guest maynard

You may want to try Vintage Auto Supply. I bought 3 earlier this year, I also got 2 outside 29 handles with the original Briggs keys.

Guest 28SeniorSix

Maynard, thank you for the lead. I however cannot find the address or telephone number for Vintage Auto Supply. Do you have this information handy? Thanks, Ken.

Guest maynard

Ken;

Type in vintage auto parts.

Click on about us & this should get to where you can get to the information you need. By the way a sender from a Standard 6 will not work as they are mechanical.I am looking for Victory & standard water pumps. I have door checks to sell or trade.

• 7 months later...
Guest 28SeniorSix

Maynard - just wondering if you had intended to post your "WTB" as a separate topic? My Senior Six has a full bumper in the back, so I do not have any extra bumperettes to sell, and I do not know of a source for them...sorry.

Concerning your response to my original post about the gas tank gauge, I was never able to locate Vintage Auto Supply. Do you know whether they are still in business? Thanks, Ken

I may be out of line but you might want to try Keneth Green on the bumperettes, he is an elderly gentleman that was helping me ( alot ) with my car a few years ago and he needed a set for his DA Phaeton. I found a set on e-bay for him which he purchased but they turned out to be incorrect for his car and I think he determined they were 28s. Dont know what model. Anyway he prob. still has them, he paid a couple/few hundred bucks maybe, cannot honestly remember and I am sure he is not trying to make money on them. His # is in the D.B. roster or I can P.M. it to you if you like.

• 3 months later...
Guest maynard

Ken.

Sorry to take so long to get back to this posting.

Vintage Auto is lited being located 301 Bryant St. Denver Co. 80219 ph.8778827462